Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Addicted !!!!!

I am addicted. Not to playing games, farting, fagging, boozing, sleeping (a likely possibility), mugging (haha who am I kidding?), but to the net. I have been spending countless hours on the net. I have been a regular surfer but of late I seem to be under the spell of net-o-mania. I am cutting out on all other activities to gobble all the crap information for countless hours. What do I care if China’s forex has crossed $ 610 billion as compared to India’s $ 133 billion far behind leaders Japan at $840 billion? Why does appointment of British American Howard Stringer as the first foreign chief of struggling Japanese giant Sony evince interest in me? And why should I read that India has become the biggest generator of wind energy in the Asia pacific region with a capacity of around 3000MW behind leaders Germany (~16000MW), Spain, USA and Denmark. Or that the Sania-mania is no fluke and the annual earnings of William sisters Serena(~32crores) and Venus(~62 crores) , will be surpassed by Sania in three years according to her sports management company Globosport. There I go again .I cannot stop blabbering out silly stats. And I needlessly pain the few people who have to bear me spitting jargoned crap. God they must be heaping curses on me all the while nodding their heads as a testimony to their keen attention.

This incessant surfing is taking its toll. I had cut out all social activities since long back but these days I am practically shunning them. I am not taking interest in any physical activity. If not for my stupid, cranky, rusted cycle I would be seriously short of any meaningful exercise. Daily slog with the cycle is sufficient to keep me in running condition. I am bunking classes more as a ritual for surfing than as genuine hatred for crappy lectures. So much so that I am also not reading newspapers with the same intensity as I used to do. This has been perhaps the most startling of the developments. I have been a compulsive reader since the last half decade or so. Nothing has been able to displace its undisputed numero-uno position among my favourites. Now there seems to be a healthy competition. But the whole experience has left me with a bad taste. I have to get back to business. There is no alternative than cutting out the habit. Throwing it out of the window will be almost Herculean but cutting on time should be a realistic aim. Let’s see if I can get through this one? Its tough but I can solve it by rekindling my passion for the print edition than the electronic version. All said and done the bottom-line is -- “OLD IS GOLD” sometimes does hold true.

11 Comments:

Blogger khwaish said...

its the blogging effect!!..Ever since I started blogging, I just can;t seem to stop, even if I have a million other things to do...don't worry too much, but yea, never let go of your reading habit, its the best thing to take you to a whole another world..tc

1:49 PM  
Blogger amrita said...

Cheer up buddy!I can understand the net-o-mania has gripped u but look at the amt of info that u have been able to dish out in one single post..So if every post u write contains this much info..well ur actually helpin poor MBA students like me who only use the net for bloggin,orkutin,mailin and basically checkin out new ads..
"The invisible hand principle' working here..Adam Smith will be mighty pleased..!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about forex international maker market on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free forex international maker market
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post mate ! board discussion mesothelioma

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is mesothelioma?

Mesothelioma is a rare disease caused as a result of malignant cancerous cells lining the patient's body cavities such as chest, abdominal region or the area surrounding the heart.Your legal rights:

Corporations that manufacture asbestos products have known about the dangers of asbestos-related diseases for more than six decades. In an effort to increase profit, they kept this information quiet, putting workers and families at risk.

Working with asbestos causes serious diseases. Unfortunately, many corporations thought they would be able to cut corners and make a large profit at the expense of endangering workers. Fortunately, there are laws that help to protect those individuals that have been harmed by exposure to asbestos-related products.

Spread the information and help as many as possible.
Thanks
also directory link linkpartners.com mesothelioma please suggest

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just browsing around the net for forex rate and came across your blog. I've been trying to add as much info as I can about forex rate on my site. But must admit I get a bit confused... there's just some many sites, tips, information ... you name about forex rate it's hard to know where to begin!
I'm thinking of adding a forex rate on my site, when I do, your all more that welcome to come a leave tips and help...

Until then take care!
Steward.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diagnosed man mesothelioma navy

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

online, free of charge! It doesn’t matter if your enterprise is a purely online or offline venture,

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And on a lighter note than pure new mexico lawyer , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of new mexico lawyer !

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaurav The real life effects of Peritoneal Mesothelioma Sruvival Rate have become so high in cost to treat, that it just adds to the stress of the illness and ones health to fight the illness.
Take peritonea-mesothelioma Cancers.peritonea-mesothelioma cancers are the cancers that spread in the mesothelium tissues. Mesothelium in general is the name of tissue that forms lining of different body organs such as heart, lungs, abdomen and reproductive organs. The lining around abdominal organs is known as peritoneal membrane. Lining around lungs is called pleural membrane while the lining around heart is called pericardium.I created a site Peritoneal Mesothelioma Sruvival Rate that address this not sure it is exactly like Addicted !!!!!,but maybe you will approve of it's content.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Posting Keep on update like this

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smart Phone



2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home