Wednesday, November 17, 2004

oh my god relieved !!!!!

Oh my god I am really relieved. Yeah , i am an athiest , so no god and all but still the feeling is all to relieving. Actually I was supposed to have our microprocessor lab exam this weekend.Now the whole episode was really funny. I was under the impression that , I have the exam in the third batch on the second day of the exam. So as any normal (additional stress on the word please) IITian , it was against my fundamental principles to start the mug two days in advance.Coupled also by the fact that we have end-sems in less than two weeks, I had no thoughts of mugging for the lab in advance. I was all set for the usual slog at 11 or possibly 12th hour. So had my evening grub and went out for my stroll with Ishan(my friend and our class-rep). Now in the usual course of the conversation, it so happened that this exam topic popped up and I just tested his knowledge by asking all sorts of questions. We were all under the wrong impression that I being roll no. 24 was definately in the third batch that happens to be on the day after tomorrow. But alas we have some vacant roll no. (people who do not join the institute but register initially). So it dawned upon us that perhaps , I would make the cut for tomorrow too.Now this was a teaser from Ishan, but it really send my head spinning.I had not checked in first place the schedule.So on my insistence we went to the lab to confirm the exact schedule.And goodness gracious, I was the last on the first day itself.Now that was really painful.Not that I had lost any study time or anything, but still it send shiver down my spine.Such a thing had never happened, I have to be on my guard from now on.No more excessive dependence on the guy-next-door-class-rep.So I came back and took all the material for the course.Now the problem was that I was the only person in my entire wing to have the exam and none from my group had an exam tomorrow. Now the problem really struck me with all its magnitude.I mean studying for a lab is no big deal(can say so because atleast i fared decently in all labs till date), as compared to the subject itself.But doing lab exam study alone is really a painful thing .The inspiration and the drive are sorely missing and above all I was missing our wing stud Das , who usually steers us of rough weather.So took some fundaes from him , but the major workload was all my dish.Somehow mugged for 20 mins. Then came the big surprise. Our class-rep called the prof. for something mundane and got the news that the exam will be just a written one as the micro processor kits were not working. And no exam for tomorrow. All will have a single written test at a date to be announced later. Oh my god ,really that one hour was an ordeal.Got mightily relieved.................One of those things that can perhaps happen only in IIT.But for the ordeal it was really stimulating and exciting. Now for the end-sem mugging................Wish me luck for my end-sems(I am really counting on them).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gaurav,

As a result of reading your blog "oh my god relieved !!!!!", I think you will discover my site on Ultrasound Physics or Abdomen Ultrasound Exam a great help.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Pay us a visit now ... you will be amazed at how much help is available for passing tests!

Best Regards
Emily

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gaurav,

As a result of reading your blog "oh my god relieved !!!!!", I think you will discover my site on WEST a great help.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Pay us a visit now ... you will be amazed at how much help is available for passing tests!

Best Regards
Emily

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home