Friday, October 14, 2005

The senselessness within

The following post is a bad attempt at what depicting how I spend my day (as if it matters). Its painful and hopelessly boring so reader is at his/her own discretion to move forward or "close the tab".

Sometimes these days, I become extremely depressed. Not just with what I am doing with my life but the way our whole world runs. I tend to be pessimistic and cynical over each and everything. I just can't stop this particular way of thinking. And I just know from where does it exactly stem. Its a collective burst of various emotions that I somehow manage to keep under the warps. But every now and then it seems to slip out in the vastness of universe. My own failures (ya I have to reconcile and term them sometime or the other ) seem far to insignificant and hopeless in the wider spectrum of the world. And I seem to be using a lot of what I term "Goopedia". The combination of Google and Wikipedia is deadly. I just read a simple news on the web and before I know it I have tonnes of information sphewing out from my firefox. A classic example of what transpires between the confines of 231, Ganga is like this: Yesterday I saw a documentary by BBC on Modechai Vanunu. Now this Dimona technician was actually nominated for the Nobel peace prize from 1988 to 2004 by a knighted Nobel-Laurate till his eventual death. And I still get goosebumps as to how Somon Peres actually won the award and which ****ole nominated him. Now I don't want to get into the (sordid) details of all that. Help yourself with Goopedia for that sake. But then from Vanunu I went to "cindy" and then to people who are expert at hunting down criminals (or whom they consider so). So the journey led me to Adolf Eichmann. The deeds he meted out to jews during the Holocast, his escape to Argentine post Nazi dominance and his eventual kidnapping (I am not sure about the correct term here), trails and death in Isreal. Then I got directed to top Nazi hunters. Even to the activities of Mossad, especially its adventures outside Isreal. The most famous of all being the entebbe operation. Then I came back to the familiar RAW and ISI. Coming to think of it, somehow it dosen't make sense. I am a-would be engineer and all these worldly matters serve no use to me as such. Not in a quantifiable term which is what people worry about in institutes like the one I am in. "If it ain't gonna appear on your CV then it ain't worth it" is the classic attitude here. And still I spend more amount of time reading this than my notes (or atleast the notes of those who write). Somehow at the end of the day I am more pained than I was initially. And more than anything it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. The realization that I am helpless to change or even be a spectator to one is killing. For no change is happening in the correct direction. It seems we are all going back. The balance between government and its subjects is increasingly becoming turbulent. As democracy flourishes (even if in a handful of nations) the people become more and more demanding. Sooner or later there will come a time when people will want to have no authority. Now as far as civilised people go, there is no need in general. But the vagarities of human nature. Once off the hook even the best are suspect to become culprits. So there has to be a government but the degree of its authority varies from time to time.Now the two extremes of anarchy and dictatorship are a strict no-no. But even well within the limits its a difficult task to acess the amount of control that should be imposed on citizens by their respective governments. According to me, initially in any nascent or a recovering country (a la Iraq ,Afganistan), the amount of controal has to be high. But gradually the government has to ease out and let citizens have the true benefits of being free. This is where the trouble begins. As society/people become more and more civilised (or whatever) they begin to ascertain themselves more and more. Therby reducing the goverment's role. Now the situation is dicey. Its tough for the goverment to yield more and more. At the same time its right under the nose of these people that the government has to work. And when this balance of power fails what it results into is precisely a Vanunu. And why has the problem caught up with seemingly more organized or developed countries? Well these are the countries where if such a thing happens there will be certain amount of smoke. What can one expect in a la Zimbabwe where there is too much of fire for anyone to bother about the smoke....................

12 Comments:

Blogger Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about very low spread forex trading platform on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free very low spread forex trading platform
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jah said...

interesting thoughts... I put a reply on my blog...

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High Google and Yahoo link popularity can be yours,

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a very impressive site loaded with good information. While researching online for facts and new info about free fx system trading, I came accross this recent The senselessness within post. Granted the topic is not exactly related to the free fx system trading info I'm currently searching for, but I'm always looking for new topics that provide good thought and great discussion. I appreciate your passion - keep up the great work!

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a very impressive site loaded with good information. While researching online for facts and new info about en fx language trading, I came accross this recent The senselessness within post. Granted the topic is not exactly related to the en fx language trading info I'm currently searching for, but I'm always looking for new topics that provide good thought and great discussion. I appreciate your passion - keep up the great work!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gaurav great site! I was out scouring the web looking for the latest news about forex trading fx rate chart when I found your The senselessness within post. And even though the post is not compelelety related to the forex trading fx rate chart type of information I'm currently looking for, I understand why I found your site. The internet is loaded with an incredible amount of interesting and entertaining information like your site provides. I enjoy your site very much - keep up the great work!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Gaurav, I'm always looking for new and interesting information, and while searching the Internet for free fx system trading related information, I found this site. The The senselessness within post, although not a 100% match for the news about free fx system trading that I was orginally looking for, certainly grabbed my attention immediately. I found myself spending a good amount of time looking around your great site. Thank you and keep up the splended work!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Gaurav, I'm always looking for new and interesting information, and while searching the Internet for fx hours trading related information, I found this site. The The senselessness within post, although not a 100% match for the news about fx hours trading that I was orginally looking for, certainly grabbed my attention immediately. I found myself spending a good amount of time looking around your great site. Thank you and keep up the splended work!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gaurav, I came across your site while searching online for fx hours trading related information. I found your post titled " The senselessness within " very interesting and a valuable resource for my current research on fx hours trading information. The article was very informative & a good read. I'll be sure to check your website again when researching on future projects.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Gaurav, I was doing some online research for new information on course forex strategy training when I discovered this interesting topic about The senselessness within. This site, while not totally related to the course forex strategy training news I was searching for, provides a lot of excellent and creative information. Thank you for the informative posts... I'll be sure to bookmark you and check back often! :)

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gaurav, I was surfing around looking for the latest news about fx online platform trading when I'm came across this site. I found the The senselessness within post (and your blog) to be very interesting and entertaining. Even though your site is not exactly the fx online platform trading related information I'm currently searching for, I'll be sure to bookmark this site for future reference. Thanks for the good information and keep up the terrific work.

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gaurav, I was surfing around looking for the latest news about fx hours trading when I'm came across this site. I found the The senselessness within post (and your blog) to be very interesting and entertaining. Even though your site is not exactly the fx hours trading related information I'm currently searching for, I'll be sure to bookmark this site for future reference. Thanks for the good information and keep up the terrific work.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home